Samsung recently confirmed its Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event on March 29th in New York where it is expected to unveil flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones. Last week we saw the first press image of the Galaxy S8 smartphone showing off its curved screen with narrow bezels and an iris scanner at the top. Now the smartphone has surfaced in a couple of videos.
It shows a similar design and on the back there is a sticker that says it is confidential and also says it is not for sale.
Rumors already revealed that the S8 and S8+ will be powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC in some markets like the U.S. while the other regions will get the Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 SoC. Now the smartphones with model number SM-G950U and SM-G955U have surfaced on Geekbench confirming the Snapdragon 835 (MSM 8998) SoC and 4GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specification
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. Earlier rumors said that both the phones will go on sale on April 21. A new report from Korea says that the phones will go on pre-order on April 10th.