LG just announced X power2, its latest smartphone in the ‘X series’ and the successor of last year’s X Power smartphone ahead of MWC 2017 in Barcelona. This packs a 4500mAh battery that can charge up to 50% in one hour and fully charge in two hours. It packs a 5.5-inch HD In-cell Touch display compared to a 5.3-inch HD display on the predecessor and is also powered by a faster 1.5GHz Octa-Core processor. It runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box.
It has Comfort View that makes reading e-books and web comics more comfortable by reducing the amount of blue light emitted by the display. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash that promises ero Shutter Lag and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with wide-angle lens and also has a soft LED flash to capturing better selfies in low lighting conditions.
LG said that it has its exclusive UX for selfies that offers Auto Shot that automatically triggers the front camera’s shutter when a face is detected. Gesture Shot and Gesture Interval Shot that reads and responds to hand signals, eliminating the need to press the shutter button. And that Quick Share lets users immediately post images to their favorite social media site with just one tap.
LG X power2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280×720 pixels) HD In-cell Touch display
- 1.5GHz Octa-Core processor
- 1.5GB / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, soft LED flash, wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 154.7 x 78.1 x 8.4mm; Weight: 164g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 4500mAh (built-in) battery with fast charging
The LG X power2 comes in Black Titan, Shiny Titan, Shiny Gold and Shiny Blue colors and will roll out beginning in March in the Latin America followed by key markets in United States, Asia, Europe and other regions. Pricing will be announced locally in each market.