Gionee today revised its Dead on Arrival (DOA) policy, which allows customers to return any Gionee mobile phone, which has developed a functional Defect within 30 Days of purchase from 7 days.
A DOA handset must qualify the following conditions:
- Functional defect within 30 days of Activation/Proof of purchase (whichever is earlier)
- Handset box should be supported by original invoice with IMEI details
- Box, Handset and all original accessories should be available
- No sign of major scratches, damage, tampering, liquid damage or user defects• Defect must be re-produced in service center
- Customer approaches Authorized Service Centre with the defective handset along with Box and all accessories.DOA shall not be considered under the following conditions:
- In case the defect is not reproduced at SVC Center.
- Any Software related issues. viii. Issues related to all kind of Accessories
Gionee currently has 460 exclusive service centers across India, which will go up to 650 by end of 2017. These are equipped to handle complaint upto L3 level and also include specialized zones for product demonstrations, customer interactions and face-to-face service for handheld devices. The company plans to open 35 premium exclusive service centers in India in 2017.
Commenting on the new move, Uday N. Pandey, Head – Service, Gionee India, said:
Gionee has always been a leader known for bringing in innovationin products and services for its customers always. Our commitment is consumer satisfaction and to ensure that we reach out to all our consumers across the country through exclusive service centers. The extension of the period in DOA policy will empower the customers to report to us if they are facing any technical issue with a smartphone and we will get it rectified. The new policy is elevating our commitment to consumers by prioritizing their needs.