Lenovo introduced PHAB 2 Pro, the world’s first Google tango-enabled smartphone for consumers at the Tech World 2016 in San Francisco back in June last year. It was launched in the U.S. at the end of last year, today Lenovo has finally launched the smartphone in India. The Lenovo Phab 2 Pro has four cameras that includes a 16-megapixel RGB camera, a depth camera, a motion tracking camera and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera for Tango’s 3D mapping technology to understand the world around you.
Google already said that there are over 35 Tango apps in the PlayStore offering augmented reality capabilities.
Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro specifications
- 6.4-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 16MP camera with PDAF, Depth Sensor for Tango, Motion Tracking Sensor for Tango
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dolby Atmos sound with 5.1 audio capture, Triple Array Microphones with Active Noise-Cancellation
- Dimensions: 88.57 x 179.83 x 6.98-10.7mm; Weight: 259g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging
The Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro comes in Champagne Gold, is priced at Rs. 29990 and is available exclusively from Flipkart.
We went hands-on with the phone at the MWC 2016 Asia, check it out.