HTC today announced HTC U Play, a smaller version of the HTC U Ultra with a 5.2-inch 1080p display without a secondary screen. This has the has same glass design with a metal frame and HTC Sense Companion for AI-based suggestions. This is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 processor, has 16-megapixel front and rear cameras and a fingerprint sensor on the front.
HTC U Play specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with up to Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens, UltraPixel mode
- Fingerprint sensor
- HTC USonic, Dual microphones with noise cancelation
- Dimensions: 145.99 x 72.9 x 3.5-7.99mm; Weight: 145 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 2500mAh battery with fast charging
The HTC U Play comes in Sapphire Blue, Comestic Pink, Brilliant Black and Ice White colors and costs NT $ 13,900 (US$ 438 / Rs. 29,800 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version in Taiwan. It will start shipping from March 2017.