Coolpad just launched Cool 1, the company’s latest smartphones that was introduced back in August in collaboration with LeEco and Coolpad. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has dual 13-megapixel rear cameras with f/2.0 aperture, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash offering depth sensing and with bokeh. It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in just 0.15 seconds and comes with unibody metal design. It has dual SIM support and 4G VoLTE support, but doesn’t have a microSD card slot. It packs a 4060mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Coolpad Cool 1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS in-cell display with 450nits brightness, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 152 × 74.8 × 8.2mm; Weight: 167g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type C
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4,060mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Coolpad Cool 1 comes in Gold and Silver colors and is priced at Rs. 13,999. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in starting from January 5th, 2017.
Commenting on the launch, James Du, Global CEO, Coolpad Group, said:
India is among the top performing markets for Coolpad where we have sold close to 3 million units. The response we have got from our consumer over the years with every launch has been overwhelming and we are touched by the love of our Cool fans. We are constantly innovating and bringing products that the consumers want. Under the dual-brand strategy we aim to earn a spot within the top 5 smartphone manufacturers in China and in India. Coolpad has a very strong research and development legacy and owns thousands of patents, including one for dual-SIM cards.
Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India, said:
Last couple of years have been a dream run for us in India. We have achieved more than we had planned for and this has only been possible due to our philosophy to bring high quality products with specifications and pricing that consumers want. 2017 will be a game changer for Coolpad in India as we plan to capture 4% of market share. We already have offline presence in 5 cities with a reach in 3000 stores. It is only because of the quality of our products that today Coolpad has a 25% market share on Amazon in the sub Rs8000 category. Coolpad has now expanded its market to other regions and the smartphones will now be available in Bangladesh and Nepal.