Huawei introduced its flagship Mate 9 smartphone at en event in Germany earlier this month, it also introduced a high-end variant of the phone called the Mate 9 Pro in China earlier this week, now it has introduced Mate 9 Lite, a cheaper variant with dual rear camera arrangement. This uses a 12-megapixel with 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF for 0.3-second quick focus along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for capturing depth information. It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a unibody metal design, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has 4G LTE and packs a 3340mAh battery.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP camera with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 150.9×76.2×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh battery
The Huawei Mate 9 Lite comes in Gray, Gold and Silver colors, but no details about the pricing or availability yet.