Along with the new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro models, Apple has also introduced new lower-end model on the MacBook Pro without Touch Bar and TouchID. This has the same trackpad, backlit keys and Stereo speakers, but this has only two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports for power or other connectivity such as VGA, Ethernet and more through separate adapters. This is also thinner and lighter than the previous generation 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Apple MacBook Pro (2017) 13-inch specifications
- 13.3-inch (2560×1600 pixels) IPS LED-backlit display, 227 PPI, 500 nits brightness
- 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache with Intel Iris Graphics 540
- 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory, 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for: Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Backlit keyboard, Force Touch trackpad
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range, Two microphones, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Built-in 54.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours wireless web/iTunes movie playback, Up to 30 days of standby time
The new low-end Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch comes in Space Gray and Silver colors, starts at Rs. 1,29,900 for 2.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.1 GHz), 8GB of RAM and 256GB of flash storage) model. It is also available in optional 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz), 16GB of RAM and 516GB/1TB of flash storage) model. It is available in the U.S today starting at $1,499 and should be available in India soon.