InFocus has launched Epic 1, the company’s latest flagship smartphone with a 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 SoC, as it had promised. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p LTPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with InLife UI 2.0 on top, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has a 360-degree fingerprint sensor on the back to unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds. It has hybrid dual SIM support and has 4G LTE with support for VoLTE.
InFocus Epic 1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 (MT6797) processor (Dual-A72 2.0GHz + Quad-A53 1.9GHz + Quad-A53 1.4GHz) with Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with InLife UI 2.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.8 aperture, 82-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 153 x 76 x 8.4mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
Commenting on the launch, Sachin Thapar, Country Head, InFocus India, said:
InFocus EPIC 1 is the true articulation of our obsession of creating smartphones with industry-leading designs and superior quality. The EPIC line of smartphones from InFocus is designed for people who don’t believe in moderation. EPIC smartphones stand for extraordinary, larger-than-life experiences. The first in the line, InFocus EPIC 1 is powered by the flagship MediaTek Helio X20 10-core processor, while exhibiting design craftsmanship and an impressive combination of a 16 MP primary camera and 8 MP front camera with a f/1.8 aperture for exceptional low-light performance. EPIC 1 is sure to make noise in the big screen segment with a 5.5 inch LTPS FHD display, a fast 4G Cat6 performance, impressive battery power efficiency, and outstanding convenience with its superlative single-touch fingerprint technology.
Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India said:
We are happy to be the partner of choice for InFocus and offer our customers an exclusive access to the new EPIC 1 smartphone. Smartphones has emerged as our top selling category this festive season. With this launch, we are delighted to offer customers across India an easy and convenient access to this new feature-rich and attractively priced smartphone as well as fast and reliable doorstep delivery to make their festive shopping enjoyable.