Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor 6X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China, as expected. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 16nm processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1. It has a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur.
It also has an 8-megapixel camera on the front and has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. It has unibody metal design, similar to the Honor 5X.
Honor 6X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X comes in Gold, Silver, Grey, Blue and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 148 / Rs. 9885 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 1299 yuan (US$ 192 / Rs. 12850 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1599 yuan (US$ 237 / Rs. 15825 approx.). It will be available for order in China starting today and goes on sale from October 25th.