Coolpad just launched Mega 2.5D, the company’s latest smartphone in India. It has a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass display with 73% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by a 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and also a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with smart beautification features.
It comes with dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with support for Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
Coolpad Mega 2.5D specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS with CoolUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, SONY sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 83.6-degrees wide-angle lens, f/2.2 Aperture
- Dimensions: 153×76.8×7.85mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The Coolpad Mega 2.5D comes in Gold, White and Black colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in starting from August 24th through flash sale. Registration for the sale begins 5PM today.
Commenting on the launch, Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India said:
A successful company always need to align its objectives as per the expectations from the market, it has to listen to the customers from wherever, whichever medium it may be. At Coolpad transition is a constant process and voice of users is the opinion accepted with supreme importance. We are raising the bar with every new product and constantly strive to better ourselves so that we can spoil our consumers for choice. With the launch of “Coolpad mega” we aim to capture 13-15% of under 8k online smartphone segment which is growing at an astounding 100% rate YOY.
In the initial phase, the first batch of Coolpad Mega phones will be imported from China and later they will be manufactured in India under our Make in India initiative. We are confident that we will sell 50 K phones in our first flash sale on 24 August, 2016. We will continue in our endeavor to bring customized smart devices to the Indian consumers and will be surprising our customers with a disruptive product before Diwali this year.