Huawei has sent out invites for the launch of its flagship P9 smartphone in India on August 17th. It was announced back in April and packs dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with Leica SUMMARIT lenses and 1.25-micron pixels promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions. It also has an independent depth measurement chip and proprietary hybrid-focus technology.
It has a 5.2-inch 1080p AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display, has a fingerprint sensor on the back with 3D fingerprint sensor technology, full metal body and is just 6.95mm thick.
Huawei P9 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with Leica SUMMARIT lenses, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 145×70.9×6.95mm;Weight: 144g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh battery with fast charging
The Huawei P9 comes in Ceramic White, Mystic Silver, Titanium Grey, Haze Gold, Prestige Gold and Rose Gold colors. We should know the price at the launch in a couple of weeks. It is not clear if Huawei is planning to launch the P9 Plus as well in India.