Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor Note 8, its latest smartphone at an event in China. It packs a 6.6-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 955 SoC and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, RGBW Sensor, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has a metal unibody design and is just 7.18mm thick.
Honor Note 8 specifications
- 6.6-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 105% NTSC color gamut, 70,000: 1 high contrast
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 178.8 × 90.9 × 7.18mm;Weight: 219g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with fast charging
The Honor Note 8 comes in Gold, Silver and Gray colors and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 346 / Rs. 23,110 approx.) for the 32GB storage version, 2499 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 25,125 approx.) for the 64GB storage version and the 128GB version costs 2799 yuan (US$ 420 / Rs. 28,140 approx.). It will be available for order through vmall and jd.com starting today and goes on sale from August 9th.