Lenovo’s ZUK has announced ZUK Z2 Rio Edition in China, just in time for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. It has similar specifications as the standard Z2 smartphone that was unveiled in May that includes a 5-inch 1080p LTPS 2.5D curved glass display, quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0 on top, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera, but this has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage compared to 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage in the original Z2.
It has a U-Touch 2.0 fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button and packs a 3500mAh battery with dual fast charging and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge the phone up to 80% in 1 hour.
ZUK Z2 Rio Edition specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Z2 Rio Edition smartphone comes in Black and White colors and is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 240 / Rs. 16110 approx.). It will be available in China starting from August 2nd.