Meizu just announced MX6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p Sharp TDDI LCD display with narrow bezels, is powered by a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor and runs on Flyme OS 5.2 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash, PDAF, Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25 μm pixel size and 4K video recording. This is the first smartphone to feature the Sony IMX386 sensor. It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal body and weighs just 155 grams. It has mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition technology that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds for payments using Alipay and WeChat. It packs a 3060mAh battery with support for mCharge that lets you charge the phone up to 65% in 30 minutes and fully charge it in just 75 minutes using a 24W fast charger.
Meizu MX6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display, 85% NTSC color gamut, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- 2.3GHz GHz MediaTek Helio X20 Deca-Core 64-bit processor with ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Flyme OS 5.2 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 12 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.6x 75.2x 7.25mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu MX6 comes in Gray, Silver, Gold and Pink colors and is priced at 1999 yuan (US$298 / Rs. 20,040 approx.). It will be available for order in China starting today and goes on sale from July 30th. Meizu has also introduced Life Jack protective cover for the smartphone for 79 yuan (US$ 12 / Rs. 790 approx.) No details about the global roll out yet.