LG has introduced VPInput, a new app for G4, G5 and V10 users that would let them access the smartphones from their PC. This requires the VPInput app on the phone and LG VPInput PC Program for Windows or Mac and uses Bluetooth to connect both. Unlike laptops, most of the desktop PCs don’t have Bluetooth support so you might need to get a Bluetooth dongle if you need to use this on your phone.
“The VPInput app gives LG smartphone users control of their devices using their PC’s mouse and keyboard, a convenient solution when you’re at your desk but want to check your phone without interrupting your workflow,” said the company.
Function keys on the PC keyboard can be setup as shortcuts to launch your favorite smartphone features or apps. It is not clear if the company is planning to add support for other smartphones.
Features of LG VPInput
- Remotely control your Android Smartphone with the mouse on your PC
- Remotely Input text on your Android Smartphone with the keyboard on your PC
- Share the Clipboard text between your Android Smartphone and your PC (ex. CTRL+C, CTRL+V)
- Send an immediately captured screen image of your Android Smartphone
- Designate a shortcut of your Android Smartphone application on your PC (ex. Press F1, execute Call application)