Meizu just announced m3s, an upgraded version of m3 smartphone an event in China. It packs a 5-inch HD screen with 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a 1.5 GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 5.1 on the top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that lets you focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD slot when required, comes with 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE, packs a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, has a unibody metal design and a 3020mAh battery built-in battery.
Meizu m3s specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC 5.0) storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 5.1
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 141.9×69.9×8.3mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 3020mAh battery
The Meizu m3s comes in Gold, Silver, Grey and Pink colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106 / Rs. 7,115) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and 899 yuan (US$ 136 / 9,145 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It is available for order through the official store in China starting today and goes on sale from June 17th. No details about the global roll out yet.