SanDisk has announced Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C, it’s latest OTG drive with a retractable design at the ongoing Computex 2016. It comes with a USB Type-C connector on one side to for smartphones, tablets and other devices and a USB 3.1 (Type-A) connector on the other side for PCs and laptops.
SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C features and specifications
- Read Speed: up to 150 MB/s (130 MB/s for 16GB)
- Interface: USB Type-C and USB Type-A connectors; USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- New retractable design lets you keep the ports safe
- Dimensions: Dimensions 9.4 x 38.10 x 20.07 mm; Weight: 9.1g
- SanDisk Memory Zone app offers an easy way to organize, browse, and back up files on your Android-powered mobile device.
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB
The SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C drive is priced at MSRPs of $19.99 (Rs. 1,345 approx.), $29.99 (Rs. 2,020 approx.), $39.99 (Rs. 2,690 approx.) and $69.99 (Rs. 4,710 approx.) for 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities, respectively. It is backed by a five-year warranty and will roll out through Amazon and other leading retailers worldwide.
Commenting on the announcement, Dinesh Bahal, vice president of SanDisk product marketing, Western Digital, said:
With its reversible connector, impressive speeds, and multi-purpose potential, USB Type-C is a game-changer.More Type-C devices are entering the market and through our Type-C mobile drives, we can offer consumers a complete line of mobile storage solutions. The new SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C flash drive now provides more than twice the capacity and offers the flexibility to quickly and conveniently move photos, videos and files between devices, as well as the freedom to expand device capacity.