Huawei has announced Honor V8, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the honor series. It packs a 5.7-inch Full HD or a Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 / 955 SoC and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. The main highlight of the smartphone are the dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with laser auto focus and 1.76-micron pixel size promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and a dedicated key on the right side for intelligent voice actions and quickly open apps. It has full metal body and packs a 3500mAh battery with support for fast charging. The box of the smarthone transforms into a VR headset easily.
Huawei honor V8 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD / (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) / Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.00×77.60×7.75mm;Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The honor V8 comes in Ceramic White, Platinum Silver, Rose Gold, Champagne gold, Ice Silver and Gray Colors and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 352 / Rs. 23520 approx.) for the 1080p screen, Kirin 950 Soc, 4GB RAM with 32GB storage operator version, 2499 yuan (US$ 383 / Rs. 25,560 approx.) for the same variant with more network support and 2799 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 28,628 approx.) for the Quad HD display, Kirin 955 Soc,4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant. It is now available for order in China and will go on sale from May 17th.