Meizu has announced MX5e, the company’s latest smartphone in the MX series and an affordable variant of the MX5 that was introduced last year. This has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Laser auto-focus, instead of 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX220 on the MX5. Other specifications are the same, including a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display and Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 processor.
It has the same design with metal body with magnesium alloy frame, mBack touch-sensitive home button, mTouch 2.0 fingerprint recognition technology and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes only in 16GB and 32GB variants.
Meizu MX5e specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal memory variants
- Flyme OS 4.5 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (4G + 4G)
- 16MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, 6P lenses, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 149.9x 74.7x 7.6mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3150mAh battery with mCharge
The Meizu MX5e comes in Gold and White/Silver colors and is priced at 1499 Yuan (Rs.15,335 / US$231 approx) and 1699 Yuan (Rs. 17,370 / US$262 approx) for the 16 and 32GB variants, respectively and is currently available from Meizu online store in China. Meizu is all set to introduce the m3 note, successor of last year’s m2 note at an event in China tomorrow.