OnePlus has finally released OxygenOS 3.0 Beta based on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) for the OnePlus 2 smartphone, after the soak test. The update also brings new OnePlus Camera UI, new wallpaper picker, performance improvements, fingerprint performance improvement and several new features and improvements. It also includes Android security patch for March.
New features in OxygenOS 3.0 Beta for OnePlus 2
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- New OnePlus Camera UI
- UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
- You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
- New wallpaper picker
- Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
- Shelf UX has been improved
- No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvements
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
- Fingerprint performance improvement
- Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
- Settings changes
- Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
- Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
- Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
- March security patches
The OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.0 Beta can be downloaded from the OnePlus website here and needs to be flashed manually. You can check out more details about the update here. OnePlus is asking for feedback on network, performance and battery life. The final OTA update is expected to roll out soon.