Popular password manager LastPass has released its own two-factor authentication app. Dubbed as LastPass Authenticator, the app brings two-factor authentication to your LastPass account and other supported applications.
The app will send push notifications to users at the time of login to sites that requires two-factor authentication. By quickly launching the app and tapping, users can allow the login request. You can also ask the app to generate 6-digit, 60 second codes or receive a code via SMS. It will even work with any app or website that supports Google Authenticator like Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, WordPress and others. In addition, the app supports automated set-up via QR code.
To activate LastPass Authenticator with your LastPass account:
- Head to the app store on your mobile device and download the app.
- On your desktop or laptop, login to LastPass and open your vault.
- Launch “Account Settings” from your vault.
- Under “Multifactor Options”, edit LastPass Authenticator.
- Follow the prompts on your screen, view the barcode and scan it with the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Set your preferences and save your account changes.