CyanogenMod announced official CM13 nightly builds back in November last year. Today it has announced first non-nightly CM13.0 snapshot release that brings Android 6.0.1 (r17) goodies, alongside the CM features. It has also highlighted different update scenarios and also asks CM 13.0 nightly users not to flash these builds, since they are already on a newer codebase (Android 6.0.1_r22), so attempting to flash these release builds will result in crashes due to attempted database downgrades.
It has also released the complete CM 13 changelog. Some of these include:
- Whisperpush capability (encrypted SMS) – Removed from CM software globally, no replacement
- Settings > About phone > Advanced mode removed – New behavior is to show all settings at all times.
- Settings > Notification Drawer > Quick Settings removed – New behavior is to control layout and options directly via QS panel via ‘edit’ tile or long-press of settings gear in the pull down area
- QS panel configuration items such as ‘enlarge first row’ and ‘show weather’ now present on leftmost QS pane while in edit mode.
- ‘Advanced location settings’ renamed to ‘Tri-state location’
- Settings > Status bar – New controls for ‘Status bar icons’ (repurposing of SystemUI tuner from AOSP)
- Settings > Lockscreen > Quick unlock removed – No replacement; security constraint due to Android Gatekeeper
- Settings > Sim Cards > manual provisioning switch (Multisim) removed – Reliant on Qualcomm extphone. Currently no replacement.
- Settings > About phone > Build date – Triple tap to access demo mode (developer/marketing feature to standardize renders).
- Settings > Lock screen > Owner info – Replaced with ‘Lock screen message’ (AOSP change)
- Settings > Memory – New screen (AOSP) to show memory usage over a selected period of time
- Device specific implementations of double-tap-to-wake replaced by AOSP implementation – No major user impact
- CM implementation of silent mode replaced by AOSP implementation
- CM Protected apps – New folder UX for viewing protected content
- Fingerprint support for accessing protected content
- Power menu ability to swap System Profiles removed – Engineering constraint – QS panel tile for System Profiles as functional replacement
- Snap Camera: Some devices now ship with an enhanced camera app based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon camera. For devices that do not support the Snap app, you will retain the Camera2 app as in 12.1.
Check out the complete changelog here.
CM13 Snapshots will be available for several devices, including Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, OnePlus One, Moto E (2015), OPPO Find 7 and 7s, OPPO R7 Plus, Xiaomi Mi 4, LG G2, Android One devices, Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi and 4G, Nexus 9, Nexus 10 and more through the Cyanogenmod website starting today.