vivo has announced Xplay5, the company’s flagship smartphone as it had promised. It comes in two variants, one with 6GB of RAM and Snapdragon 820 SoC, while the other variant has 4GB of RAM and Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoC. Other specifications are similar, including a 5.43-inch dual curved edge Quad HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla glass protection, 16-megapixel rear camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) for focus speed of just 0.1 seconds and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal body, fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in just 0.4 seconds, dual SIM support and 3600mAh battery with dual-charging chip for fast charging. The Xplay5 has CS4398 DAC amplifier and AD8397 and the Xplay5 high-end version has ES9028 DAC and TI’s OPA1612 amplifier for better audio output.
vivo Xplay5 specifications
- 5.43-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED dual curved edge display with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU / Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB DDR4 RAM / 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 2.6 / Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Funtouch OS 2.5.1
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.5X76.2X7.59mm; Weight: 167.8g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3600mAh battery
The vivo Xplay5 comes in Champagne Gold and Rose Gold colors. The vivo Xplay5 Ultimate Edition with 6GB RAM with Snapdragon 820 SoC is priced at 4288 Yuan (US$ 654 / Rs. 44,400 approx.), while the 4GB RAM with Snapdragon 652 variant is priced at 3698 Yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 38,310 approx.) and is available for order starting from March 8 and ships from March 16th.