HP Elite X3 is not just a powerful Windows phone, but a powerful smartphone by any OS standards. It still is in a prototype stage and the final device is in the works. We went hands on with the latest version of the device for your viewing pleasure.
The specifications of the device are as follows:
- 5.96-inch AMOLED display with WQHD 2560 x 1440 px resolution, Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB internal storage, expandable to up to 2TB with microSD
- Windows 10
- Iris Scanner, Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP f/2.0 FHD rear-facing camera
- 8MP FHD front facing camera and Iris camera
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- Dimensions: 83.5 x7.8 x 161.8 mm; Weight: 195g
- MIL-STD-810 rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2), WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE combo USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- 4150 mAh Li-ion polymer battery, non- removable, quick charging
It is a fairly large device with a 6 inch screen but still doesn’t feel too bulky even if the design does suggest it. The weight of 195 grams too is well distributed and there are smartphone with smaller screens that weigh more anyway. There is an Iris scanner at the front next to the front facing camera and the audio experience is complemented by the B&O Play DAC and speakers.
The display is a 5.96″ AMOLED display from Samsung that has a resolution of 1440p and has a 2.5D curved glass on top. The back of the phone has a soft touch matte finish which helps to improve grip but the smartphone is still a fingerprint magnet. The bottom houses the USB Type-C which also supports Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0.
The smartphone in the video is is missing the fingerprint sensor which will be there in the final version at the back. The fingerprint sensor will have a circular design and should be similar to what we got on the Nexus 5X and 6P. The X3 will also support jackets/sleeves that can add functionality to the smartphone. They can house credit card scanners, bar code scanners and much more that will help not just customers but also people working in the service sector.
The smartphone also has protection against dust and water in the form of an IP67 rating as well as protection from shocks and drops thanks to its MIL-STD-810 certification.