Lenovo has finally sent out invites for the launch of it’s latest Vibe K5 Plus smartphone in India on March 15th. It was announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona last week, packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Lenovo’s own UI on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 450 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (micro + micro)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 142x71x8.2mm; Weight: 142g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2750mAh battery
The Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Graphite Gray colors and was announced at $149 (Rs. 10,240 approx.), so it might be priced in the same range. We will get to know the price at launch in a couple of weeks. It is not clear why the company is not launching the Vibe K5 along with the K5 Plus. We went hands-on with the smartphone at the MWC, here is the hands-on video.