Panasonic announced Toughpad FZ-F1 and Toughpad FZ-N1, two new rugged smartphones running Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise and Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), respectively at the MWC 2016 in Barcelona. These smartphones have a 4.7-inch HD glove enabled, multi-touch, sunlight viewable display, powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and come with IP65, IP67 and MIL-STD-810G ratings with drop rating of 6 feet, so they can stand up to the abuse of the most demanding usage environments and also submersible, in up to 3.3 feet of water for 30 minutes.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 and FZ-N1 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) sunlight-viewable display; 10-point capacitive multi-touch with rain sensing and glove touch mode, optional stylus pen (Active or Passive)
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise (FZ-F1) / Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) (FZ-N1)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Durability: IP65 (high-pressure jet spray) and IP67 (submersible up to 3.3ft. for 30 minutes)
- MIL-STD-810G (shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature,temperature shock, humidity)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 4G LTE, HSPA+, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA 1x, EVDO Rev.A
- Angled 1D/2D barcode reader, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS
- FIPS140-2 level-1 compliant, ARM TrustZone (Built-in)
- 3,200 mAh battery, optional 6200 mAh long life battery back; Warm Swap capability
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 will be available in WiFi model in March of 2016 at an estimated street of $1,499 (Rs. 1,02,853 approx.) and the voice model will be introduced in summer 2016. The Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise-powered Toughpad FZ-F1 will be available with data and voice in fall 2016 at an estimated price of $1,599 (Rs. 1,09,715 approx.).