Huawei announced the flagship Mate 8 smartphone at an event in China back in November last year, today the company has announced the smartphone for international markets at the CES 2016. To remind you, the 6-inch 1080p display with 2.7mm ultra narrow frame, 83% screen-to-body ratio and 2.5D glass, is powered by a Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 950 SoC with IntelliSense i5 sensor hub and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.0 on top.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX298 sensor, dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP. It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. Its body is made of aerospace-grade aluminum and it has unique 2.5D curved diamond cut glass. It has a circular fingerprint sensor on the back for better identification, has 4G LTE connectivity with support for voLTE and has hybrid dual SIM slot.
Huawei Mate 8 specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 2.5D glass, 95% wide color gamut
- Octa-Core (2.3GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x ARM Cortex A53) Huawei Kirin 950 processor with Mali T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, OIS, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.1× 80.6×7.9mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery
The Huawei Mate 8 comes in Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gray and Mocha Brown colors and is priced at 599 Euros (US$ 643 / Rs. 42770 approx.) for 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant and 699 Euros (US$ 750 / Rs. 49900 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant. It will be initially available in 30 countries including: Spain, Germany, France, United Arab Emirates, Mexico and Australia.