Few hours back ASUS said that the camera-centric ZenFone Zoom smartphone will launch in the US next month. Now the company has announced that the smartphone will be launched in India later this month, before the US launch. It packs a 13-megapixel camera with 3X optical zoom, Laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual-LED Real Tone flash.
It has a 5.5-inch 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, is powered by a Quad Core Z3580 / Z3590 processor, 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a aluminium unibody frame and a leather back cover.
ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 / 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3590 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB /128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via micro SD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with OIS, 3X optical zoom, f/2.7-4.8 aperture, Laser AF, Real Tone flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 78.84 x 5~11.95 mm; Weight 185g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging
The ASUS Zenfone Zoom comes in Black and White colors and will be launched in India by the end of this month. We should get to know the exact launch date soon. It starts at $399 (Rs. 26510 approx.), we should get the pricing for India at the launch in the next few weeks. Check out our photo gallery of the Zenfone Zoom from last year’s MWC.