Asus launched the Zenfone Go, a budget smartphone in India back in September. Today the company has launched a smaller variant called Zenfone Go 4.5 with a 4.5-inch FWVGA screen and 1GB of RAM. It is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6580 SoC, has 3G support and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), similar to the original Zenfone Go, but this has a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a VGA front-facing camera.
Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 (ZC451TG-1A023IN) specifications
- 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) display
- 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 processor with Mali 400MP2 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 67x135x10.1mm; Weight: 133.5g
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 1600mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 comes in Black color in India and is priced at Rs. 5,299. It is exclusively available from Flipkart and also comes with up Rs. 2000 discount on exchange. It will be available from ASUS Exclusive Stores as well as other offline stores from the second week of January 2016 onwards.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India, said:
ZenFone Go wraps up an extremely successful year for us in India. We are elated to see the response that we received through the year for our ZenFone range of smartphones and are sure that our offering for the budget segment packed with features at an affordable price, will be appreciated by our users as well.