KDDI has introduced KYOCERA DIGNO rafre, which becomes the first smartphone in the world that can be washed by hand soap. You can even use hot water up to 43-degrees to wash the smartphone and it is waterproof with IPX5/8 ratings. It is resistant to impact such a fall from pocket or bag and has Dragontrail X glass that can protect the display from scratches.
This display can be used even when it is wet so that you can use the phone even in your bath, according to the company. The smartphone has 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE support. Check out the complete specifications below.
DIGNO rafre KYV36 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT LCD display with Dragontrail X protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and Dustproof (IP5X)
- Dimensions: 71 × 141 × 10.1mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3,000mAh battery
The DIGNO rafre comes in Coral Pink, Cashmere White and Marine Navy colors and is available for order from KDDI in Japan for 57,240 yen (US$ 464 / Rs. 30,983 approx.). It will go on sale in the country from December 11th.