Xiaomi toady announced the Redmi Note 3, the company’s latest Redmi Note series smartphone, as it promised. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 processor and runs on MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal body, comes with a fingerprint sensor on the back and is just 8.65mm thick. It also has dual SIM support with 4G on both and packs a 4000mAh battery with fast charging support that lets you charge the battery up to 50% in just 1 hour.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 178-degree viewing angle
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, 120fps slow-motion
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 150x76x8.65 mm; Weight: 164g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes in Dark Grey, Silver and Champagne Gold colors and is priced at 899 Yuan (US$ 140 / Rs. 9,340 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and 1099 Yuan (US$ 172 / Rs. 11,415 approx.) for 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It will be available in China starting from November 27th.