Micromax just launched Canvas 5, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Canvas series, as it promised. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p 2.5D curved screen with slim bezels, is powered by a 1.3GHz 64-bit Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 processor with Mali-T720 GPU and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) in future. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) to focus in 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash for capturing better images in poor lighting conditions.
It has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity, including support for both TDD-LTE Band 40 (2300MHz) and FDD-LTE Band 3 (1800MHz) for India. It has metal frame and leather-like back cover. It has Video Pop-Out feature and Smart Wake Gestures. It has a 2900mAh battery and uses Content Adaptive Backlight Control (CABC) to manage power and adjust the image being displayed to look brighter.
Micromax Canvas 5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS full lamination display with 2.5D arc glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 424ppi, 450 nits brightness
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor with 450MHz Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Dual micro SIM (4G + 2G)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Samsung 3M2 sensor, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with Flash
- Dimensions: 148 x 73.6 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2900mAh battery with up to 10 hours of talk time and up to 275h of standby time
The Micromax Canvas 5 comes in Space Grey and Tan Brown colors, is priced at Rs. 11,999 and will be available from stores across India starting from today. It also comes with double data offer for Airtel 4G customers for 3 months and 7 day door step service policy. Micromax has also tied with Bajaj Finance to run a 12 month EMI scheme, wherein consumers will have to pay four advance EMIs at the time of the purchase.
Commenting on the launch Vineet Taneja, CEO, Micromax Informatics, said:
Micromax has always been a frontrunner when it comes to breaking barriers with our innovative product offerings and the success of our Canvas series is a testimony to this. With the launch of Canvas 5 around Diwali, we are introducing our newest Canvas flagship that will be game changer in the smartphone space targeting those who don’t want to compromise and are keen to experience the new levels of multi-tasking and superb performance.
The brand’s consistent growth in the market has made us confident that we are headed in the right direction and would continue our pursuits to breach barriers and reach newer heights further consolidating our leadership in the market.
Hitesh Arora contributed to the report