Gionee has officially launched S Plus, the company’s first smartphone with USB Type-C port in India, after rumors of the smartphone surfaced recently. It packs a 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core 64-bit MT6753 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with support for LTE bands for India.
It has Face Unlock that lets you unlock the phone in less than a second, says the company. it also comes with 3D vibration mode, Rumble effect, Immersive touch and more features.
Gionee S Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED Plus display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3150mAh battery with fast charging
The Gionee S Plus comes in Dark Blue, White and Golden colors and is priced at Rs. 16,999. It will be available starting November first week.
Commenting on the launch, Timir Baran Acharyya, GM, Gionee India said:
In today’s fast paced time, the consumer needs and desires are evolving and they don’t want to compromise on the looks nor the specs of the device. Hence to bridge in the gap, we have introduced the all new S Plus especially in India this Diwali to meet all the expectations that our consumers are asking for. In fact, the all new S Plus is equipped with new features like Face Unlock that would help consumers unlock there device in less than a second.