Huawei has announced the Enjoy 5 smartphone in China. It was expected to be called the Play 5X, but it has launched as the Enjoy 5. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6735 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support and comes with 4G connectivity with support for TDD-LTE B38 / B39 / B40 / B41 and FDD-LTE: B1 / B3.
It packs a 4000mAh battery with power saving technology to extend the power up to 24 hours even with 10% battery and promises up to 3.75 days of battery life with average use and up to 2 days of battery life even with heavy use.
Huawei Enjoy 5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with MicroSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision BSI sensor, 28mm wide-angle lens, 6P lenses,
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 71.8 x 9.7mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
The Huawei Enjoy 5 comes in Grey, Gold and White colors, is priced at 999 Yuan (US$ 157 / Rs. 10,196 approx.) for the full network version and is available at 899 Yuan (US$ 141 / Rs. 9,175 approx.) for China Telecom version. It is now available for order from vmall and will go on sale in China starting from October 16th. No word on the global roll out yet.
[Update: The smartphone will be called the Enjoy 5 in the new Enjoy series in China. The global version might be launched with a different name.]