Meizu has launched the m2, successor of the Meizu m1 in India, as it promised. It was announced back in July and packs a 5-inch HD screen with a screen-to-body ratio of 75.6%, is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core 64-bit MediaTek processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 4.5. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support with 4G connectivity on both with support for both FDD 1800 MHz and TDD 2300 MHz 4G LTE bands for India and the second slot can be used as a microSD expansion slot when required. It has polycarbonate unibody design and weighs 131 grams. It has 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC 5.0 storage from Samsung.
Meizu m2 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, AGC Dragontrail glass protection
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with FlyMe OS 4.5
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5p lens, Gorilla Glass 3 protective lens glass
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4p lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- Dimensions: 140.1×68.9×8.7mm; Weight: 131g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 2500mAh battery
The Meizu m2 comes in White, Grey, Blue and Pink colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999 as expected. You can now register for the sale on Snapdeal and closes at 4pm on 11th October. It will be available from October 12th, Monday.