GoPro has unveiled a new budget action camera dubbed as Hero+ that offers improvements over the basic Hero such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support, enabling control via the company’s mobile app and Smart Remote.
The new GoPro Hero+ Wi-Fi is capable of recording 1080p videos at 60fps and 8-megapixel still images and captures Time Lapse and Burst photos at 5 fps. The gadget is waterproof up to 40 meters.
Key Specifications of GoPro Hero+
- 1080p60 and 720p60 video
- 8MP photos with Single, Time Lapse and 5 Photos-per-Second Burst modes
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Rugged, durable and waterproof to 131’ (40m)
- Integrated camera + housing design
- QuikCapture enables power-up and recording start with the press of a single button
- HiLight Tag lets you mark key moments while recording
- SuperView™ captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance
- Built-in microphone
- Wearable and Mountable, Compatible with GoPro’s vast array of mounts and accessories
“Whether mounted to a weather balloon floating 100,000 feet above the earth to capture a sunrise across the stratosphere or in the hands of a child recording their backyard tree house adventures, HERO+ is built to capture your imagination wherever it takes you. Even as we continue to raise the bar for our highest performing cameras like HERO4 Black, Silver and Session, we remain committed to developing simplified products like HERO+ that make GoPro life-capture accessible to everyone.”
said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO.
The GoPro Hero+ action camera will be available at retailers and GoPro.com starting on Oct. 4 for $199.99. GoPro has also announced a $100 price cut for the Hero 4 Session camera and it is now be available at $299.99.