Xiaomi just announced the Redmi Note 2 smartphone at its MIUI 7 event, as expected. It packs a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, is powered by a octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor and runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a Magnesium alloy frame and is 8.25mm thick.
It has 4G connectivity (TDD-LTE (B38 / B39 / B40 / B41) and FDD-LTE (B1 / B3 / B7)) with dual SIM support and 4G on both. The Redmi Note 2 has 16GB of internal storage and the Redmi Note 2 Prime has a faster 2.2GHz Helio X10 SoC and 32GB of internal storage.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note 2 Prime specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with 178-degree wide viewing angle
- 2GHz / 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, Samsung / OmniVision Sensor, 5p lens, f/2.2 aperture, 78-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, OmniVision sensor, 1.4-micron pixel, 720p video recording
- Dimensions: 152mm x 76mm x 8.25mm; Weight: 160g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 3060mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 comes in Dark Grey, White, Blue, Bright Yellow and Pink colors and is priced at 799 yuan (US$ 124 / Rs. 8,080 approx.) for the TDD-LTE and TD-SCDMA 16GB variant, 899 yuan (US$ 140 / Rs. 9,092 approx.) for the TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE variant with 16GB storage and the Redmi Note 2 Prime with 32GB storage costs 999 Yuan (US$ 155 / Rs. 10,115 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from August 16th.