Sony just announced Xperia M5, the company’s latest smartphone in the M series. It has a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by MediaTek Helio X10 Octa-Core SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 21.5-megapixel rear camera with 0.25-second Hybrid Autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording, 5x Clear Image Zoom (allows you to get close without losing any quality) and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. Hybrid Autofocus uses Phase detection AF (PDAF) for faster shutter speed response and Contrast detection AF for added precision to produce crisp and clear photos, says Sony.
It has Sony’s OmniBalance design with glass finish on both sides. It comes with 4G LTE support and in a dual SIM variant – Xperia M5 Dual depending on the markets. It is also water and dust-proof (IP65/IP68) with a cap-less USB port.
Sony Xperia M5 / Xperia M5 Dual specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (Only in Xperia M5 Dual)
- 21.5MP rear camera with IMX230 Exmor RS sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Hybrid AF, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera, Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- Water and Dust Protection (IP65/68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2600mAh battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia M5 comes in Gold, Black and White colors. It will roll out in selected countries across emerging markets from mid-August. Sony has not announced the pricing yet.