Samsung has launched the Galaxy A8, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in its A series. It was announced earlier this month in China, packs a 5.7-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with 2.5mm ultra-narrow bezels and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), but the Indian variant is powered by an Octa-Core Exynos 5430 processor instead of Snapdragon 615 SoC. It has a full metal uni-body design, similar to the other A series smartphones and is just 5.9mm thick. It also has a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens. It has 4G LTE support, including G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India and comes with hybrid dual SIM support.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (1.8GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core) Exynos 5430 processor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm; Weight: 151 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS
- 3050mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy A8 comes in Black, White and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 32,500. It will be available through all retail and online channels across India. It comes with double data offer for Airtel customers for 6 months.