Xolo just launched its first smartphone under BLACK sub-brand. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by a 2nd-gen Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HIVE Atlas UI on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for depth mapping that lets you click the image first and adjust the focus later. Xolo is calling this UbiFocus. It can focus in 0.15 seconds and the ChromaFlash lets you retain original color and skin tone even in low-lighting conditions, says the company. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash.
It has a notification LED on the power button on the side. Even the back has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with oleophobic coating to keep the device smudge and stain-free. The new HIVE Atlas UI has Underground feature to store private apps and data securely, Reading mode that coverts text to black and white for an e-book-like experience and the Comet Browser with data and battery saving features. It has Cat4. LTE support, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India.
Xolo BLACK specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HIVE Atlas UI
- Hybrid Dual (micro + nano) SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 2MP secondary camera for depth sensing, 3-element lens, f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.5×76.6×7.3mm
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3200mAh battery
The Xolo BLACK is priced at Rs. 12,999. It will be exclusively available from Flipkart starting from July 13th. For existing Xolo customers, the smartphone will be available on July 12th from 4PM to 8PM. Registrations for these Xolo First customers will commence on Xolo.in from July 10th 4PM till July 11th 8PM. As the company already said, it comes with 1GB of free data per month for 2 months for Vodafone customers and unlimited Vodafone Music for two months. 100 Vodafone stores will have BLACK for hands on experience.
Commenting on the launch Vishal Sehgal, Co-founder & Director, LAVA International (Promoter of XOLO & LAVA Brands, said:
The online smartphone market in India is growing manifold, driven by the digitally-smart generation for whom experience matters. BLACK is designed to cater to this segment, promising great smartphone experience that goes beyond just the specs. With every product under BLACK, we aim to deliver a fresh design approach with future ready technology that is backed by full potential of the hardware, complemented with our proprietary customised software platform- HIVE.