Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy J1 in India earlier this year, and even introduced its 4G variant dubbed the Galaxy J1 4G. Now specifications of upcoming Galaxy J2 (SM-J200F) smartphone has surfaced. This comes soon after the announcement of the Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 selfie-focused smartphones in the J series. Looks like Samsung is looking to expand the J series.
According to Sammobile, the Galaxy J2 will come with a 4.5-inch WVGA screen, will be powered a quad-core Exynos 3475 SoC and run on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) out of the box. It will have a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone was recently imported to India for testing earlier this month and also showed up on Geekbench database.
Samsung Galaxy J2 rumored specifications
- 4.5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) TFT LCD display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Exynos 3475 32-bit SoC
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 136x69x8.3mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2000mAh battery
The report doesn’t say when the Galaxy J2 will go official, but the smartphone is expected to launch in India first, similar to the Galaxy J1.