Samsung Galaxy A8 got certified on TENAA last month and it even appeared in a live hands-on video earlier this week. It was recently revealed in a brochure that confirms the 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, 5.9mm thickness and a 16-megapixel rear camera. According to the brochure the camera has f/1.9 aperture and the smartphone is powered by a Octa-Core Exynos 5430 SoC.
The Exynos-powered Galaxy A8 could be a single SIM variant and the dual SIM variant is expected to be powered by a Snapdragon 615 SoC, similar to the Galaxy A7.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800S) rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5430 (1.8GHz Quad A15 + 1.3 GHz Quad A7 ) with Mali T628 MP6 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 158 × 76.8 × 5.9mm; Weight: 151 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ GLONASS
- 3050mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy A8 would come in Golld, White and Black colors. Since the specifications are the images are out, the official launch might happen soon.