Gionee just announced the Marathon M5, the company’s latest smartphone in the M series with a 6020mAh battery using two 3010 battery cells. Gionee promises up to 62 hours of standby even if the phone has only 5% of power left. It has fast dual charging chips and can also be used to charge other devices. It has unibody metal build with a narrow frame and is just 8.5mm thick (4.75mm edge), even though it packs a huge battery. It has a 5.5-inch 720p Super AMOLED Plus display and is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support with 4G on both the slots. It has 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot.
Gionee Marathon M5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED Plus display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 5P lenses, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 84-degree ultra-wide angle lens
- Dual SIM
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 152mm × 76mm × 8.5mm; Weight: 214g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 6020mAh battery
The Gionee Marathon M5 comes in Black, White and Gold colors and is priced at 2299 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 370 / Rs. 23656 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from June 25th.