MediaTek has introduced Helio P10, the company’s first processor in the Helio P series. The new Helio P10 is aimed at mid to high-end smartphones. It has 2 GHz True Octa-core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPUs and 700MHz Dual-core 64-bit Mali-T860 GPU. It is based on TSMC’s 28nm HPC+ process. MediaTek introduced Helio series of SoCs back in March with the Helio X10 Octa Core SoC at 2.2GHz per core and introduced Helio X20 with World’s first 10 core SoC with Tri-cluster CPU last month.
Features of Helio P10
- 2 GHz, True Octa-core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU and 700MHz, Dual-core 64-bit Mali-T860 GPU
- 21MP premium camera with the world’s first TrueBright ISP engine for ultra-sensitive RWWB to capture twice as much light as traditional RGB sensors in order to retain true color and detail, even in low light.
- New de-noise/de-mosaic HW, PDAF, video iHDR, dual main camera, less than 200ms shot-to shot delay, and video face beautify.
- Hi-fidelity, hi-clarity audio achieves 110dB SNR & -95dB THD
- Full HD display at 60FPS with MediaTek’s suite of MiraVision 2.0 display technologies:
- MiraVision 2.0 with UltraDimming, BluLight Defender and Adaptive Picture Quality
- WorldMode LTE Cat-6, supporting 2×20 carrier aggregation with 300/50Mbps data speed
The Helio P10 will be available for OEMs in Q3 2015 and can be seen in consumer products in late 2015.