ZTE nubia just announced nubia Z9, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. It has a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) 2.5D OGS display with bezel-less design, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 3.0.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor, 6p lenses, LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, similar to the Z9 Max and Z9 mini that were unveiled in March. It 4G TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE connectivity, Dual SIM support and AKM4961 (7.1 Surround) chip. It comes in three variants, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and the same 4GB RAM variant with Tio (Three in one) fingerprint recognition technology present in the power key and volume keys that unlocks the smartphone with just a simple touch.
ZTE nubia Z9 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D CGS display
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC (4× 2GHz A57+ 4×1.5GHz A53) with 600 MHz Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB / 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal storage
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 3.0
- Dual nano SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX234 Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 6P lenses
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX179 Exmor R BSI sensor, 80-degree wide viewing angle
- Dimensions: 147.4×68.3×8.9 mm; Weight: 192g
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), GPS, MHL 3.0, USB OTG
- 2900 mAh battery
The ZTE nubia Z9 Classic Edition with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage is priced at 3499 Yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 35850 approx.), Elite Edition that has 4GB RAM with 64GB storage is price at 3999 Yuan (US$ 644 / Rs. 40945 approx.) and the top Edition with the same 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage along with fingerprint sensor costs 4499 Yuan (US$ 725 / Rs. 46064 approx.). It goes on sale in China on May 21st with registrations for the sale starting today. No word on global roll out yet.