HTC has officially launched the Desire 826 smartphone in India, as expected. It was announced at the CES earlier this year and packs a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.7 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI on top. It adopts the Desire 820’s design and even has dual front-facing stereo HTC BoomSound speakers with Dolby Audio. It comes with dual SIM support and has 4G connectivity.
Commenting on the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, President, South Asia, HTC said:
Our consumer today represents an individuality that has quite a resolute fabric, each one being a strong and special personality in their own stride. We at HTC understand our consumer and design products to sit their being. The HTC desire 826 is yet another effort of ours to combine superior quality features in a stunning smartphone at a smart price.
HTC Desire 826 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Octa-Core (1.7 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI
- Dual nano SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera,, f/2.0 aperture,1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 826 comes in a White Birch, Blue Lagoon and Purple Fire colors and is priced at Rs. 25,990 (MOP).