Samsung has announced the Galaxy Xcover 3 rugged smartphone in the Xcover series official, after it leaked in live images earlier this year. It is water resistant to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes with IP67 certification, dust proof and even meets the US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G to withstand a fall of up to 1.2 meters. It has a 4.5-inch WVGA (480 × 800 pixels) display, is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is upgradable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) in future. It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and 2-megapixel secondary camera.
It also comes with a dedicated Xcover Key to enable LED flash or launch camera and hardware buttons for home, menu and back. It also has Knox 2.2 offering better security in corporate sector.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 Specifications
- 4.5-inch (480 × 800 pixels) PLS TFT display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS, upgradable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dust and Waterproof – IP67 Certified, US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G
- 9.95mm thick and weighs 154 grams
- 5MP camera with LED Flash
- 2MP secondary camera
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/GLONASS, NFC
- 2,200mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 will be showcased at CeBIT. According to SammyHub, the Xcover 3 will be released in April priced around 275 Euros (US$ 289 / Rs. 18,140 approx.).