HTC has launched a new Desire 816G dual SIM variant in India. It has the same 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, similar to last year’s Desire 816G Dual SIM, but this is powered by a faster 1.7GHz Octa-Core SoC and comes with 16GB of internal storage, but it has the same 1GB RAM.
Other features are similar including Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0, 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers, comes with dual (nano) SIM support and has 3G HSPA+ connectivity.
At the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, Vice President & Country Head, India at HTC, said,
The new offering under the HTC Desire series is our next step towards a power packed combination of beautiful design and flagship performance all backed by a powerful 1.7 GHz Octa-Core Processor. The HTC Desire 816G is the best buy amongst big screen devices, packing powerful performance and innovative design perfectly at a great price.
New HTC Desire 816G dual SIM specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.7 GHz octa-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense UI
- Dual nano SIMs
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, 1080p recording
- 7.9mm-thick and weighs 158 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600mAh battery
The New HTC Desire 816G Dual SIM is priced at Rs. 19,990 and would be available across India.