Xiaomi just launched the Mi 4 smartphone in India, as expected. It was announced back in July last year, packs a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI, based one-glass solution (OGS), is powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on MIUI 6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat). Xiaomi plans to roll out MIUI 6 for Mi 3 and Redmi Note 4G in February, Redmi 1S and Redmi Note late March in India.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony BSI sensor, and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a stainless steel frame, 67.5mm-wide body and weighs just 149 grams.
Xiaomi Mi 4 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- MIUI V6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony Exmor R sensor, 5-element lens , f/1.8 aperture
- 8.9mm thick and weighs 149 grams
- Infrared LED
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3080mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi 4 comes in White color and is priced at Rs. 19,999. It will go on sale on February 10th exclusively on Flipkart and the registrations begin today at 6PM. Xiaomi says that it will launch the 64GB variant in India in future.